Sunday, June 14, 2009

Chapter Two - Part 4


Savanah closed her eyes, she had heard from others who had been dosed including Vernile that the experience could best be ridden out with eyes closed.

Vernile was an excellent example of what could happen when one left their eyes open while being exposed. If they lived, the physical operation of sight would no longer be attainable. The cornea permanently scorched and scarred even with the smallest open eye exposure and solidified in their sockets if prolonged.

Savanah remembered how Vernile described the experience to her once... "I fully expected to die there in between my tent and the insidium outcropping. The only thing that felt safe was the insidium, I turned and ran toward the outcropping and as I did of course... the vibrations grew. But it seemed more peaceful.

I thought that meant that I was dying but I actually felt better the closer I got to the element. I never felt the destruction of my eyes there was never any pain and actually my ability to See grew and supplanted the natural. I had to be told that I was physically blind by the doctors when I returned to the settlement."

Savanah could tell that, though the vibrations had begun and the experiment was proceeding as anticipated, the safest place for her associates who were not Seers was not in the tent at all, but here huddled against the element. She could only hope for their survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment